This powerful keyboard/synth is a great-looking machine, packed with high-quality features that allow users to create whatever music styles they desire. The modern and sleek design looks cool in your home studio or jamming on stage, delivering superb sound and a user-friendly control panel. Read this Korg Krome review to find out all you need to know about this fantastic synthesizer.
[amazon fields=”B00961XNOO” value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_alt=”Korg KROME 88-Key”]
The Krome 88 comes with the necessary ports and cables for fast USB transfers, as well as hooking up effortlessly to the DAW. This port gives you the ability to interface with the enclosed Krome plug-in editing applications. With this, it’s possible to prepare your sounds and FX inserts in advance or command them instantly by connecting to your computer.
The SD-card reader conserves files and patches when you do not have your PC available, a handy little addition to the model.
Korg KROME 88 Key Features:
- Korg’s NH keypad: Totally weighted, graded 88 computer-enhanced keyboard
- Full length unlooped acoustic guitar, electrical piano and drum sounds
- A stunning 7-inch color TouchView handle screen
- Pre-programmed with 288 combo patches and 640 stunning sounds
- EQ and timbre alteration effects, plus many others
- USB connection- contains Krome applications editor to edit sounds on your PC
- Whole MIDI I/O
- Typical 1/4-inch L and R output signal
- 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 5.16″ x 57.01″ x 12.32″
- Weighs just over 32lbs
Who Is The Korg Krome Suitable For?
This keyboard is made for anybody who loves playing acoustic and electric pianos. The standard, variety, and simplicity the Krome-88 supplies is actually is raising the bar of keyboard/synth duos, with a superior sound production quality. The sound this workstation is able to generate goes past the modest price tag; the Korg Krome-88 is surely one of the better workstations in this budget, and is unquestionably worth some significant thought compared to other similar models.
The Korg Krome-88 is not only a keypad- it is a genuine musical generation engine for those with just an interest or professionals. It features a wide range of effects to warp chords to your specifications, making it the ideal tool for tinkering due to it’s long length keyboard.
- Users have the massive choice of more than 600 effect patches and sound distorters. It is made for super-easy looping of drum, guitar, piano and many other instrument types. It goes much further than the other more basic boards available at this price.
- There is a fantastic percussion accompaniment to this keyboard, making it easy to add a backing beat to any tune whilst playing the keyboard at the same time. On top of this, additional sound effects can be played for the music simultaneously, creating diverse yet distinct sounds.
- The seven inch screen provided on this model makes it easy to check the status of your synth and keyboard changes at a glance. Some models omit this screen, and while you can get by without one, you certainly notice the difference on models like this one and the extra level of genius it provides to the process.
- Compared to other models, this keyboard and synthesizer is lightweight at around 30lbs. This proves for easy carrying to and from gigs with little effort in contrast to other bulkier boards at 60+ lbs. It is still sturdy on the stand at this weight, and you will quickly adjust to this keyboard and come to love it.
- Rather oddly for a keyboard, this particular model has no speakers from which to hear your music. Instead, it only works from plugged in ones and headphones which can be seen as a limitation if you’re not always going to have it plugged into a speaker like some artists do.
- A minor inconvenience is the somewhat vague user manual with simplistic instructions for such a powerful keyboard. However, once you start playing and tinkering with the awesome effects it provides, the user manual will be pretty useless anyway.
This device is an amazing product that returns control to the user, giving hundreds of options to choose from to reinvent your musical ability. Chords can be held while simultaneously changing pitch and tone, or any other special feature you wish to add to the production.
It is quite long yet still is very light for all the technology that’s packed into it, making it extremely easy to carry from place to place. The light weight of the keyboard has proved particularly popular in online reviews, as many users have noted the difference between their old heavy boards and the compact Korg Krome.
There aren’t any built in loudspeakers on this particular work station, but some can observe that as a favorable; it’s been developed for specialist requirements, built-in loudspeakers aren’t a necessity here. For home use, earphones or loudspeaker systems are equally viable options to this issue.
The darkish, curved physique layout with aluminium panels gives a stunning, high-end charisma to this Korg model. You can guarantee this keyboard won’t look cheap on stage or in your home, attention has been paid to how it will be used by keyboardists, positioning buttons and switches in easy to reach places for when you need quick access.
At the end of the day, the Krome is a Korg- a leading manufacturer of quality sound equipment for many years and this model is a fantastic tool for making killer sounds from scratch. You can be sure this has been given special attention and revamps in the development department at Korg, innovatively delivering an outstanding production quality.
[amazon box=”B00961XNOO” /]
Thank you for taking the time to read this Korg Krome review, we hope it’s been helpful to you. Head back to our Synthesizer page to learn more about other great hardware synths. Or take a look at our MIDI Keyboard page if that’s what you are looking for!
If you have personal experience with the Korg Krome, please leave your two cents below in the comments section!
Korg KROME 88-Key Music Workstation Keyboard & Synthesizer
This powerful keyboard/synth is a great-looking machine, packed with high-quality features that allow users to create whatever music styles they desire. Th