This model from Yamaha is one of the most powerful in their range of keyboard synthesizers, with tons of exciting additional features for awesome music production. Explore the variety of voices and effects available on the Montage8 to create distinctive sounds and loops to back your music. Read this Yamaha Montage8 review to get the skinny on this amazing piece of equipment.
[amazon fields=”B01CFOAC24″ value=”thumb” image_size=”large” image_alt=”Review Yamaha Montage8 Synthesizer Workstation”]
Users can choose from a selection of older acoustic melodies or more contemporary beats and effects. The recently updated operating system for this model allows you to tailor the interface to your liking, and the auto-mapping feature gives extended power and control over your productions.
The Yamaha Montage8 Synthesizer Workstation will quickly become a close companion when you get those spontaneous sparks of genius, and need to lay out the track quickly the way it is imagined. The sequencer covers 16 different tracks, and you can also export the new song to your PC or laptop through the USB or via an Ethernet cable.
Yamaha Montage8 Key Features:
- 88 balanced keys on a sleek and modern semi-weighted keyboard
- Covers nearly 4,000 differing wave-forms
- Over 1000 voices to choose from for your music (120+ GM)
- 32 pre-sets for percussion in 4 banks (128 total)
- Eighteen filter effects including vocoder, reverb and EQ
- Headphone jack
- Both L & R outputs (assignable and digital)
- Input for a foot pedal if needed
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 6.6″ x 56.65″ X 18.35″
- Weighs approx 63lb
Who is the Yamaha Montage8 suitable for?
This keyboard has been produced and marketed for those who are either producers or are playing at a professional level. It is a powerful tool for any kind of music you wish to create, with an arpeggiator containing thousands of patterns and high-quality ‘vintage’ effects.
Those of you who are already playing at this serious level will have no doubt heard about this product. The price is unlikely to drop any time soon, but you can be confident that this is the only keyboard you will need for many years to come.
Not only is the keyboard virtually unlimited in terms of what you can achieve musically, but it can also be an inspiration in itself- giving you a much wide range of ‘tweakability’ than many that have gone before.
- A huge two gigabytes of memory can be added by making use of the two slots. It may only be a small single figure, but it can hold as much content as you will ever need for creating music. Other models offer a larger memory, but no additional slots that you may need; it is currently has the largest flash memory on the market.
- The new and improved LCD screen gives users up to 8 choices for colour, and another 2 viewpoints for the performance effects and voices too. If you’re planning on using this keyboard in a stack below another one, you can set the display to be shown beneath rather than at the top.
- The pre-sets used for percussion and drum wave-shapes are found in the four banks, and cover kits like maple/oak, orchestral, jazz and Japanese. These are obviously going to kick-start new innovations and the directions your song can expand into.
- For each tune you create, you can use up to 16 voice mixers on over 1000 unique and specialized voices. Saving these has never been easier, with both user and mix settings available for the edited voices. Patterns are saved alongside the vocals and drums, keeping great beats together.
- A mixed point here- the choice of styles, voices and arpeggiator effects are numerous and can be overwhelming at first. It can take a little time to accustom yourself to the massive potential this provides, but once you do… there’s nothing you can’t create with this machine.
- The shorter style of keys may be an issue for a couple of keyboard players, especially given the high quality of this keyboard. It may be a small issue for you or not affect you at all, but a more bulkier board would have been better received.
The Yamaha Montage8 is a fantastically comprehensive keyboard for the professionals and dedicated keyboard artists. A mini-studio in it’s own right, it can comfortably handle multiple instruments on a single track with the addition of vocals.
A mind-blowing selection of voices and pre-set banks will support hours of music production, as you assess it’s unique classic and modern sounds. Certain patterns and loops can be saved with ease for later recall, exactly how you need them.
[amazon box=”B01CFOAC24″ /]
The effects possible with this Yamaha have gone beyond what is usually required, bringing a top quality synthesizer and impressive keyboard into a single package.
The memory factor of this model cannot be argued with- 2GB is huge! If anything, they could have simply put the extra gigs into the keyboard design as RAM. Flash drives are included on many of this Yamaha’s competitors, but this beast currently has up to x8 more memory potential than any other available.
Other models in the Motif range have not been created with such an awesome synthesizing power behind them, so the Montage stands out above them by giving users instant access to samples whenever you want at the touch of a button.
It is sure to be a top-seller this year and for years to come; while some may scoff at the small memory in comparison to other technologies like computers, it’s the best available at the present time and is proving very popular for this very reason!
Thank you for reading our Yamaha Montage8 review, we hope you’ve found it helpful! Why not head back to the Synthesizer page for other great hardware synths, or head back to our home for great MIDI keyboards.
Review Yamaha Montage8 Synthesizer Workstation
This model from Yamaha is one of the most powerful in their range of keyboard synthesizers, with tons of exciting additional features for awesome music pro